An inside look with Horse Glam's CEO, Andrea Wise
Horse Glam CEO, Andrea Wise, graduated from Wake Forest University School of Law in 2007, where afterwards she spent 7 years as a commercial real-estate attorney. In 2012, she launched the equestrian company, Pony Glam, which makes and sells the only colored hoof dressing for horses. Andrea is also the voice behind the new equestrian lifestyle blog, Horse Glam. Living in Charlotte, North Carolina, with her husband, Zach, two young children, cat and horse.
I was lucky enough to get an interview with Andrea, giving you the inside scoop about her daily routine, riding schedule and how she balances life with horses...check it out!
1. A day in the life: I feel like I am just trying to survive! I wake up, hope to being able to drink a hot cup of coffee, spend the rest of the day trying to feed bellies and stay ahead of any tantrums. Once they are napping, I tend to Pony Glam, Horse Glam and everything else that needs to be done around the house. Repeat process until bedtime, LOL! I try to get to the barn 2 times a week. It is where I can really just focus on me.
2. Favorite coffee/tea? I am Colombian so I am not familiar with this “tea” you speak of. Just kidding. If I am not drinking Colombian coffee, and I am feeling fancy, I drink a caramel latte.
3. Go to skin care products? I really need to up my skin game, but if I don’t have access to a face moisturizer I die. I always apply one after washing my face or taking a shower. I currently use Water Drench by Peter Thomas Roth.
4. Go to hair care products? Okay, I really need to up my hair game. I don’t use product - I barely can be trusted to wash my hair correctly. I have multiple times thought I was using shampoo for weeks but it turns out it was really conditioner. WHO DOES THIS?
5. Favorite snack before or after a lesson? I wish I had a healthy answer here. I usually forget to eat before my lesson so by the time I leave the barn I am STARVING. I typically steal one of Chloe’s carrots and I will stop at ChikFila on the way home, if I am really starving.
6. Go to horse treat favorite? The decorative, gourmet horse treats that are on the market are all so creative and amazing and yummy (Yes, I have tried them; see previous answer, LOL). Chloe recently had some Equine Confections that looked better than any holiday cookie I received this year. Carrots will always be a Chloe favorite, though.
7. Favorite gate, walk, trot, canter? A good canter can win the Hunter undersaddle class or save your butt in Jumpers so I am going to say canter.
8. What you're looking forward to in 2018? After these questions I think I probably need to focus on learning how to take better care of myself in 2018! I also really look forward to getting back in riding shape, documenting it in my Horse Glam online diary and providing comedic relief to all my readers. I know that riding only 1-2 times a week is not going to bring back the old Andrea, but it is better than the alternative, and I have recently learned to be okay with that. It’s been a long time since I felt like I deserved to sit on Chloe’s back, but she has been on vacation long enough. :)
Thank you so much Andrea!! xoxo